Our ATEX-compliant K series right-angle gear units combine high cost-effectiveness with explosion protection thanks to their wear-free gearing and high efficiency.
Save energy the easy way: even in potentially explosive atmospheres
You want a drive solution that can be installed in a small space? One that provides reliable motion in potentially explosive atmospheres?
Then we recommend our explosion-proof helical-bevel gear units in equipment categorie II2GD. These right-angle gear units have torques from 200 Nm to
With their high efficiency in both directions of torque and at any input speed, they are also very energy-efficient. Their high-endurance gearing is wear-free and lasts a gear unit’s lifetime. For precise positioning tasks, you can use the K series explosion-proof gear units with reduced backlash.
A long, maintenance-free service life enhances this economy and efficiency. That’s why the K series is used in so many applications in potentially explosive atmospheres. Worldwide!
Only half the solution without a motor? Then use our sophisticated modular concept and combine the explosion-proof gear units of the K series with the explosion-proof motor of your choice.
Configure your individual product
- Detailed information about your individual product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration
- Option to directly request a quotation or place an order
More energy efficiencydue to the high efficiency degree in both directions of torque and at any input speed.
More cost efficiencyover the entire service life due to wear-free gearing and a long, maintenance-free operating life.
High performancein a compact design, available in 12 sizes with torque ratings from 200 Nm to 50,000 Nm.
Sizes K..37 to K..187, explosion-proof (three stages)
- Gear units comply with directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, categorie 2, variant II2GD
- For use on the European market
- Accepted in China
- Accepted in Russia in combination with EAC certificates (formerly GOST-R)
- Certified protection types:
- Protection type “c”: Protected by safe construction (design safety), EN13463-1 and -5
- Protection type “k”: Protected by liquid immersion, EN13463-1 and -8
- Standardized robust covers as shrink disk covers on the gear unit
- All screws are secured against automatic loosening
- Gear unit has a separate nameplate
- High-quality oil seals
- Lubricant can withstand high temperatures
- High efficiency
- Gearing with high fatigue strength
- Long, maintenance-free operating life
- Available variants:
- Foot- or flange-mounted
- B5 or B14 flange-mounted
- Solid or hollow shaft
- Hollow shaft with keyed connection, shrink disk, splined hollow shaft, or TorqLOC®
- Double gear units for very low output speeds also available
- Reduced backlash variant
K series (three stages) / sizes 37 / 47 / 57 / 67 / 77 / 87 / 97 / 107 / 127 / 157 / 167 / 187
|Gear unit ratio||i||3.98 – 197.37|
|Gear unit ratio – double gear units||i||94 – 32,625|
|Max. output torque||Nm||200 – 50,000|
|Motor power range (Mounting via AM motor adapter)||kW||0.12 – 200|
Areas of application
- Applications in potentially explosive atmospheres with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
- Applications with equipment categories II2GD
- Use with air mixtures
- With gases (G): in zones 1 and 2
- With dusts (D): in zones 21 and 22
- Pallet conveyors
- Belt conveyors
- Chain conveyors
- Hoists and lifting stations
- Freight elevators
- Travel and lifting drives in storage/retrieval systems